INSTITUTE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT
CATERING TECHNOLOGY & A. N.
P.O. ALTO PORVORIM
It is hereby certified that the file registered under No. 175/Goa/1967 existing in the records of this office relating to the registration of the Society “INSTITUTE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT CATERING TECHNOLOGY & APPLIED NUTRITION (GOA) SOCIETY,” contains MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION which is as follows:-
FOOD CRAFT INSTITUTE (GOA) SOCIETY,
ALTO PORVORIM, P.O. BETIM, GOA
M E M O R A N D U M O F A S S O C I A T I O N S.
FOOD CRAFT INSTITUTE (GOA) SOCIETY
1. The name of the Society shall be the Food Craft Institute (Goa) Society (hereinafter called “The Society”).
2. The objects for which the Society is established are:-
i. To establish and to carry on the administration and management of the Food Craft Institute hereinafter called the ‘Institute’ whose functions shall be:-
a. To provide instructions and training in all the crafts and skills, all the branches of knowledge both theoretical and applied, and all the organizational and management Techniques, which are required for the efficient functioning of catering establishment of all skills, as well as Institutional feeding programmes in schools , industrial establishments and similar organizations:
b. To undertake and to associate itself with nutritional extensions and developmental work.
c. To propagate economy in the handling and utilization of foodstuffs.
d. To assist in the association itself with the efforts of the Central and State Governments to popularize wholesome non cereal foods, particularly protective foods, with a view to the diversification of the ordinary Indian diet and the enrichment of its nutritional contents:
e. To assist in and associate itself with the attempts of Food research Institutions, food scientists and food technologist to find effective and acceptable means of presenting their nutritional ideas through the development of suitable recipes and the planning of menus.
f. To prescribe courses of instruction, hold examinations and grant certificates diplomas and other awards to persons.
g. To fix and demand such fees and other charges as may be laid down in the bye laws.
h. To establish maintain and manage halls and hostels for the residence of students and members of the staff.
i. To supervise and control the residence, to regulate the discipline of students of the Institute and to make arrangements for promoting their health general welfare and culture and corporate life.
j. To institute teaching in administrative, technical ministerial and such other work as may be necessary and to make appointments to the posts created therefore in accordance with rules and bye laws.
k. To institute and award fellowships, scholarships, exhibitions, loans monetary assistance prizes and medals in accordance with the rules and bye laws and:
l. To seek affiliation with universities or other appropriate academic government bodies or institutions and obtain the recognition of its courses of instructions, its examinations, its diplomas, certificates and other awards by the appropriate educational authorities.
ii. To give pensions, gratuities or charitable aid to the teachers, staff and other employees or ex-employees of the Society or to their wives, children or other dependents.
iii. To make payments towards insurance and form and contribution to provident and benefit funds for the benefit of any person employed by the Society of wives, children or other relatives or dependants of such persons.
iv. To acquire , hold and dispose of property in any manner whatsoever provided that the prior approval of the Central and the State Government of Goa is obtained in the case of acquisition or disposal of immovable property.
v. To deal with any property belonging to or vested in the Society in such manner as the Society may deem fit for advancing the functions of the Institute.
vi. To borrow and raise moneys with or without security or on the security of any Mortgage, Charge or hypothecation or pledge of the and over all or any of the immovable properties belongings to the society or in any other manner whatever.
vii. To build, construct and maintain houses, hostel schools or other buildings and alter, extend, improve, repair, enlarge or modify the same including any existing building and to provide and equip the same with light, water drainage, furniture, fittings, instruments, apparatus and appliances and other things for the use to which such buildings is to be put up or held.
viii. To construct or otherwise acquire, lay out repair extend alter enlarge improve and use any lane, recreation or playgrounds, parks and other immovable property belonging to or held by the Society.
ix. To start, conduct, print, publish and exhibit any magazines, periodicals, newspapers, books, pamphlets or posters that may be considered desirable for the promotion of the Society.
x. To create and maintain a fund to which shall be credited.
a. All moneys provided by the Central and State Government.
b. All fees and other charges received by the Society.
c. All moneys received by the Society by way of grants, gifts, donations, benefictions, bequests or transfers and
d. All moneys received by the Society in any other manner of from any other sources.
xi. To deposit all moneys credited to the fund created and maintained under sub-clause (x) In such banks or to invest them in such manner as the Society may decide.
xii. To draw, make accept, endorse, and discount cheques, notes or other negotiable instruments, and for these purposes to sign execute and deliver such assurances and deeds as may be necessary.
xiii. To pay out of the funds belongings to the Society or out of any particular part of such funds the expenses incurred by the Society from time to time including all expenses incidental to the formation of the Society and management and administration of any of the foregoing objects including all rents, taxes, outgoing and the Salaries of the employees.
xiv. To do all such lawful acts, deeds or things as may be necessary incidental or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the objects of the Society.
3. The Central or the State Governments of Goa may issue with the concurrence of the State or the Central Government as the case may be, such directions to the Society as it may consider necessary for the furtherance of the objects of the Society and for ensuring the effective functioning thereof.
4. The Central or the State Government of Goa may appoint the concurrence of the State or the Central Govt. as the case may be, one or more persons to review the work and progress of the Society and to hold enquiries into the affairs thereof and to report thereon. In such manners as the Central or any State Government may order. Upon receipt of any such reports the Central or the State Government with concurrence of the State or the Central Government as the case may be, may take such action and issue such directions as it may consider necessary in respect of any of the matters dealt with the report and the Society, shall be bound to comply with such directions.
5. The income and property of the Society, however, derived, shall be applied towards the promotion of the objects as set forth in this Memorandum of Association subject nevertheless in respect of the grants made by the Central Government or the State Government to such limitations as the Central or the State Government may from time to time, impose. No part of the income and property of the Society shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividends bonus or otherwise howsoever by way of profit to the persons who at any time are or have been members of the Society or to any of them or to any person claiming through them on any of them provided that nothing herein contained shall prevent to the payment in good faith of remuneration to any member thereof or any persons in return for any services rendered to the Society or for travelling allowance, halting, or other similar charges.
6. The names and addresses and occupation of the first members of the Governing body of the Society (referred to in the rules and bye laws as the Board of Governors) to which by the rules of the Society the management of its affairs is entrusted are:-
We, the several persons whose names and addresses are given below, having associated ourselves for the purpose described in this Memorandum of Association, do hereby subscribe our names to this memorandum of Association, and set ourselves and respective hands here upto and form ourselves into a Society under Act XXI of 1860, this day of 4th October, 1969 (forth October, nineteen sixty nine).
Fees of Rs.30/- (Rupees thirty only) credited to the State Bank of India, Panaji by this Office under Challan No. 1092/11-12 dated 16/11/2011.
Office of the District Registrar, North, Panaji, dated 16th November, 2011.
INSPECTOR GENERAL OF SOCITIES/
D.R. NORTH GOA.
and updated by