FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Admission commences on 3rd July up to 6th July, 2012.
2. Students to bring their Original Certificates along with attested copies, 2 Affidavits to be submitted at the
time of admissions the Format for which is available on the Website.
3. Caste Certificate for reserved category (issued by Tehasildar Executive Magistrate or Mamlatdar of the
respective State.[Where Applicable]
4. Physically Handicapped candidates to produce copy of Physically Handicapped Certificate, issued by
Chief Medical Officer (CMO Central Government/State Government/Municipal Corporation run Hospital.[Where Applicable]
5. Other minor charges of Rs.2,500.00 (Rupees two thousand five hundred only) have to be paid to the Institute
Cashier either by cash or Demand Draft.
6. Institute requirement of uniform, tool kit is available on the website www/ihmgoa.nic.in
7. Stitching of Uniforms and purchasing can be done locally in Goa. Tool kit bag (only) and journals will be
supplied by the Institute.
8. Sufficient time will be given for students to stitch uniforms and purchase tool kit.
9. Hostel will be allotted by National Council.
10. Hostel fees Rs. 30,888.00 (Rupees thirty thousand eight hundred eighty eight only) to be paid by demand draft to
the Institute in favor of Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition Goa payable
Nationalized Bank at Panjim or Porvorim Branch.
11. For those students who do not have hostel allotment by the National Council, Institute will give necessary
assistance to find Private accommodation.
12. Students will be permitted to stay in the hostel from 31st July 2012 from 3:00 pm on payment of full Hostel fees.
13. Students should have umbrellas, raincoats and rainy shoes due to heavy rains during this period.
14. Institute is located at Porvorim (North Goa) which is close to the main city of Panjim.
a) Closest Inter State bus terminus Panjim City ------- 4 Kms.
b) Closest Airport Dabolim Airport -------------------- 30 Kms.
c) Closest Railway Station Karmali ------------------- 15 Kms.
Thivim ------------------ 20 Kms.
Margao ----------------- 33 Kms.
15. Private hotels available in the vicinity of the Institute.
16. Classes commence on the 1st August, 2012 at 10:00 am.
and updated by